This one is full of color, flavor, and texture. The low-down What is it? We explain what to do with a seasonal favourite. It's tangy, sweet, crunchy, and … Just add some garlic and oregano. See more ideas about eggplant recipes, recipes, cooking recipes. We will tell you more about the side dishes to do with Eggplant Parmesan. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. The Eggplant Stew, with its tomato broth is a natural for Pasta with Eggplant. Serve with sides of tabuli salad, hummus, and a whole wheat pita. Of course eggplant goes great with ricotta so why not make grilled cheese with eggplant. Eggplant fries are made even better with a dipping sauce. Slice the eggplant … Kali orexi! It might happen that you have loads of wonderful eggplant vegetables on your kitchen countertop, and you are wondering what to to with them. You don’t have to remove the seeds to eat an eggplant, but they do sometimes have a bitter flavor And I am sure that my good Mumbai housewife friends would be horrified at the thought of wasting all that good eggplant meat. Reheat and toss with hot pasta. Remove eggplant from the boiling water and cool in a bowl of ice water. Serve over a bed of brown rice, couscous, pasta or other starch, or with crusty bread. Easy to make, but takes time. I made this dish for Thanksgiving; it was a big hit with my Armenian grandmother! Don't skip the step of salting the eggplant… I don't know what to do with them. I make this one often and it is always a hit! It's tangy, sweet, crunchy, and salty all at the same time. You can also serve this hot with grilled chicken or fish. I hope you enjoy this taste of Armenia from my family to yours! "First time I ever made Baba Ghanoush and it was soooooo easy - the whole family loved it!". "I couldn't decide if I wanted lasagna or moussaka the other night; this came out as a yummy combo of the two!" We can't say enough good things about these eggplant recipes. It can be grilled or roasted simply as a side dish, transformed into a silky pasta sauce, and, of course, be fried and layered into a cheesy, luxe eggplant Parm. When cooked, it has a semi-soft … Eggplant offers a great dose of dietary fiber, vitamin B1 and B6, potassium, folate, vitamin K and so much more. It can be grilled or roasted simply as a side dish, transformed into a silky pasta sauce, and, of course, be fried and layered into a cheesy, luxe eggplant Parm. What an incredibly quick and easy dish to do for yourself or a dinner party. Don't skip the step of salting the eggplant, especially if you want to freeze one of the casseroles. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Use ripe eggplant without seeds and salt them for 1 hour to remove the bitterness. Serve this curry over your favorite rice and you're sure to have a tasty meal. Roasted eggplant in a French roll with feta cheese, basil and garlic mayonnaise. Spiced Shrimp and Eggplant Stir-Fry. When cooked, eggplant can be sweet, sumptuous, and even smoky. It is a delicious lasagna using eggplant instead of pasta. They are perfect served as a snack, appetizer, or side dish. I did the same with a light basting of olive oil and topping it all off with basil...yummy! Eggplant parmesan, baked eggplant, and more than 460 trusted eggplant recipes, including easy and healthy options. Italian Eggplant. Delicious as part of an antipasti platter. In this Asian-inspired recipe, the eggplants roast at high heat, making the outside skin crispy and the inside succulent. Eggplant Parmesan doesn't have to include layers of deep-fried eggplant and mountains of cheese. Garlic Parmesan Baked Eggplant – crispy baked, not fried, eggplant with garlic Parmesan breading.A delicious way to enjoy this fall vegetable! Well worth the wait! Serve with a green salad. She bought one for me to bring home and I wondered, hmmm... what can I do with this. (Bon appetit!). Although the recipe calls for seasoned bread crumbs, you can use regular bread crumbs if you wish. Thin slices of eggplant are lightly fried, then marinated in a mixture of fresh herbs, garlic, olive oil, and white wine vinegar 8 hours or overnight. Eggplant is a surprisingly easy vegetable to freeze, and can be used in many delicious dishes. You've never had eggplant like this … Use in soups or chili in place of meat If you do not have quite enough for the amount of pasta you need, add more tomatoes and seasonings. These tasty morsels will make your dinner party special. This is a traditional North Indian (Punjabi) Bhurtha made with eggplant and tomato, and seasoned with cumin, turmeric garlic and ginger. Jun 4, 2017 - Explore Kathleen Van Wyhe's board "what to do with eggplant" on Pinterest. There are as many Serve with toasted crusty bread. ). It was so good, I just wanted to drizzle some honey on it and I could have eaten the whole tub. In this cheesy Rollups recipe, eggplant stands in for a delicious substitute for pasta. It includes sliced eggplant baked in a ground beef sauce and then smothered in a thin white sauce. I'm not in the mood for eggplant … Last weekend we went to visit my mother in Bemus Point. And it is one that, when cooked, is best treated to a sauce or complemented with onions, garlic and herbs. "Awesome," raves Jennifer Chomicki. In vegan cooking, eggplant is one of those ingredients that can stand in well for meat, whether it’s in a recipe for stir-fry or burgers. sopenia, Credit: Serve with fresh roti or naan. discussion from the Chowhound Home Cooking, Eggplant food community. Eggplant is actually considered to be a fruit and not a vegetable. The skin on Japanese eggplant is thin so it doesn't require peeling. Ideas for using eggplant Eggplant has a mild flavour that works well with tomatoes, onions, garlic and herbs. This makes a delicious entree served with a salad and garlic bread. What To Do With Eggplant – Simple cooking ideas! Dehydrating Eggplant To dehydrate eggplant: Peel and cut into 1 inch cubes. Came up with this idea when looking for an easier way to make this family dish. Just add some garlic and oregano. When cooked the right way, eggplant can be sweet, sumptuous, and even smoky. "Thin sliced eggplant is stuffed with cheese and spinach and topped with marinara sauce," says DEBNJAMES. Baking eggplants is one of the numerous ways to make them even more palatable. says Anne Marie. Eggplant Parmesan recipe for the slow cooker, made in layers with marinara sauce and cheese. This eggplant goes well with some steamed green beans and French or Italian bread. is thin so it doesn't require peeling. Place the cooled, blanched eggplant into a colander to drain. Caponata is a Sicilian dish with eggplant, zucchini, tomato, and peppers traditionally cooked in oil and vinegar and flavored with sugar, raisins, capers, olives, and pine nuts. The eggplant should soak for about an hour, and be completely submerged. I made an impulse purchase today...my local market had eggplant on sale and they looked to good to pass up so I bought two. Garlic Sriracha Pork Stir Fry Pork. Some people love it, and others not so much — often claiming it's a texture thing. My Light and Easy Eggplant … Great baked vegetable side dish with slices of eggplant and tomato seasoned with oregano and Parmesan cheese. Served as an easy vegetarian side dish or entree, this eggplant will delight even the most picky eater. This traditional moussaka is truly the best, and just as authentic as any you'd try in Greece! Here are our 25 favorite eggplant recipes to make with this hearty vegetable. Eggplant Parmesan Recipe This is a lighter version of the usual Eggplant Parmesan Recipe. Eggplant is wonderfully versatile, and works in so many different dishes. Eggplant is an incredibly versatile vegetable and a good choice for meatless meals. This seemed very wasteful to me. All due to cooking it in an air fryer. Caponata, baba ghanoush and bharta all feature a variety of spices that combine sublimely with silky eggplant to create dips, salads and main courses that are fragrant and unique. A simple, saucy, no-fry eggplant Parmesan, this noodle-free Italian classic is gloriously cheesy, and shows eggplant off at its best. You do not want to overcook the eggplant pieces, but blanching them will preserve their flavor and texture even after freezing. This healthy eggplant Parmesan recipe has is satisfying without piling on the calories and fat. Add fresh garlic and basil to taste. This terrific dish is loaded with succulent Mediterranean vegetables. Perfect for parties; just add a bowl of tortilla chips next to it. A vegetable-full curry! Be sure to select an eggplant that is smooth, blemish-free and kind of heavy for it's size. Serve with a salad to make it a meal. Melt butter in a bowl. "This is one of my favorite recipes. A number of other veggies make excellent companion plantings with eggplant… Eggplant is one of the few vegetables that are completely inedible raw. The eggplant becomes tender in the oven and absorbs the flavors of tomato, onion, and bell pepper for a wonderful Middle Eastern dish. Eggplant. Eggplant Parmesan doesn't have to include layers of deep-fried eggplant and mountains of cheese. any ideas? My While it may say it serves four, you might want all this to yourself. They can also be oven dehydrated at 200 . my boyfriend bought an eggplant yesterday, and i have no idea what to do with it. This was my favorite sandwich of all time, adapted from a cafe at the University of California, Irvine. Here are our 25 favorite eggplant … Delicious relish or appetizer that can be served hot or cold! Credit: This recipe always gets rave reviews from vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. 3 Creative Ways to Cook Eggplant Before The Season Ends Article Eggplant is satisfyingly shape-shifting — and there's still plenty of time to experiment with it. Garnish with dill or parsley. i bought some eggplant at the market last week and i have no idea what to do with it any suggestions? And if I am going with this Italian theme, bring on the fontina! This is a vegetarian, low-carb, Greek-style recipe for rolled eggplant filled with the fresh flavor of mozzarella cheese and served with a fun, vibrant bell pepper sauce. Eggplant slices are coated with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese and baked between layers of tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese for a filling Italian-inspired meal. 12 Top-Rated Eggplant Recipes to Make You Rethink Eggplant, Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. LYNNINMA, Credit: It will taste even better the next day! Here are delicious eggplant recipes, to make you reconsider eggplant for dinner. Quick and easy eggplant slices are roasted in the oven with olive oil and lemon to garnish. I … Read the What to do with small eggplants? It’s also great with Asian and Middle Eastern spices. Store in an airtight jar, indefinitely. ", One of the simplest and greatest ways to eat eggplant, this classic Middle Eastern dip is smoky and garlicky.  Delicious served with pita bread, crackers, or crunchy vegetables. To prep your eggplant: Trim off the green cap and stem. Yakuta Rasheed says, "This is a really easy and tasty Indian dish that is sure to stir up your taste buds. An inexpensive meal from my childhood and still a favorite! This is a no fry variation of this popular dish, and is just as delicious! Allrecipes, 12 Top-Rated Eggplant Recipes to Make You Rethink Eggplant. To be honest I’m usually not a big fan of eggplant. While trying to duplicate it at home, I found this to be one of our favorite eggplant dinners. Join the discussion today. Eggplant is one of those veggies that you might not think to add to your grocery cart, or plant in your backyard garden, but I know once you see what you can do with it, that will all change! Here, the pieces are coated in a … Eggplant can be divisive. A local winery/restaurant serves a stuffed eggplant appetizer that is so delicious. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I would do an adaption of the recipe below - maybe add some other veggies. A simple, saucy, no-fry eggplant Parmesan, this noodle-free Italian classic is gloriously cheesy, and shows eggplant off at its best. The middle of an eggplant has a soft, pulpy core that holds its seeds. These eggplant Parmesan rounds are oil free and grease free, yet they are crispy and crunchy. Baked eggplants can be made by cutting eggplants into preferred sizes and then placing them in already … Eggplant acts like a sponge and soaks up the flavors of spices, especially when included in Southern European and Middle Eastern cuisines. Think eggplant has to be stringy, bitter, greasy, or bland? https://www.mydarlingvegan.com › 11-amazing-vegan-eggplant-recipes While it takes a bit of time, it's actually quite simple to make. Adjust the amount of red pepper flakes according to your taste. Eggplants are found in the culinary repertoire of cultures all around the world. Rinse the eggplant and pat dry. The rich miso dressing gives it a salty umami flavor … I have several variety of eggplant, but they are all rather hard. "This easy-to-prepare eggplant appetizer tastes great and can be made a little bit ahead of time," says LOTTING123. Delicious baingan bharta is ready to eat with pita bread, Indian naan, or rice. If you enjoy eggplant, you may want to try my One Pot Chicken Ratatouille recipe of the easy, vegetarian Eggplant Lasagna. Angela Sackett, Credit: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com › food-recipes › g3195 › eggplant-recipes One of the nurses I work with gave me this idea; add eggplant to a ground turkey meatloaf to make it really moist: roast a whole eggplant at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. Ideal as a starter for a vegetarian dinner party. The pale meat of this botanical-fruit-turned-culinary-vegetable is certainly mild in flavor, and its spongy texture means it's prone to soaking up an excess of oil. Sweet, subtly briny shrimp pair exceptionally … One of my favorite ways to enjoy eggplant is in the rich, complex Sichuan dish yu xiang qie zi (“fish-fragrant eggplant,” since the sauce is also used for fish). Slices of eggplant are baked and layered with tomato sauce, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese… Place another plate on top of it and let sit to drain the bitterness. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Either way they are delicious. Hope you will enjoy as well. With its gorgeous aubergine hue, sweet, slightly bitter flavor, and endless possibilities for preparation, eggplant is one of our favorite vegetables to cook with. The best way to do this is put a plate or a storage container lid on top of the bath to weigh down the slices. When it is cool enough to handle scrape out the cooked eggplant, using your hands squeeze excess juice from the eggplant and add it to your favorite meatloaf recipe. Serve with some noodles for a deliciously different vegetarian supper.  Slices of eggplant are baked and layered with tomato sauce, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese. The beautiful ratatouille served up in the movie by the same name. Toss pieces with olive oil and salt and pepper before grilling. "I used minced garlic and brown sugar like others suggested and doubled the sauce since we were eating it with rice. If you have carrot-ginger juice available to you, try using it in place of the orange juice - either one is delicious! Beyond the usual eggplant Parmesan, this collection features 15 unique recipes that are bound to sway you in favor of aubergine. My girlfriend loved it--what more can I ask for?! Check out our collection of Eggplant Recipes. This is one vege that needs to be well … Folks either seem to love it or hate it. It can be a bit hard to cook, and some people find it just plain mushy! Roasted Curried Eggplant with Yogurt & Raisins. Start with a fresh, firm eggplant. Reach for this roundup! I use 2 to 4 cloves fresh garlic and 5 to 10 leaves of freshly harvested basil in the sauce. ", This restaurant-quality dish is easier than you think, and uses a jar of marinara sauce to cut the cooking time. drzhivago73, Credit: Read on. Ratatouille is a classic vegetarian French dish that I made in one pan in no time and got the most caramelized and tender vegetables. "It goes especially well with roasted pork tenderloin and pasta. Slice up grilled eggplant and zucchini and toss with … Eggplant can be sliced into rounds or, if small and slender like Japanese eggplant, halved lengthwise, and grilled. We do a Mexican ratatouille on our vegan platter—cubes of sautéed eggplant with tomatillo and toasted cumin. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People. So with all those benefits, we went looking for amazing recipes that will make you want to start to cook with eggplant more. Sriracha, sweet baby peppers, soy sauce, garlic, … The Eggplant Stew, with its tomato broth is a natural for Pasta with Eggplant. We pickle with a basic recipe and standard pickling spices like cinnamon, bay leaves, red pepper flakes, mustard … Long and narrow vegetables work best. If you happen to fall in the latter camp and your CSA box comes loaded with the stuff, what’re you to do? Cooking with Frozen Eggplant. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Served … Stephanie Nantel/Getty Images. Eggplant pairs well with many Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, and Asian flavors, and as noted above, can be cooked in so many different ways — more on a few of them below. Some of the plants died and I picked the eggplant. thanks slice it thinly, cover each piece with salt (be generous) and place on a plate. Polly Phlebotomy, Credit: "My first time doing any recipe with eggplant. Eggplant gets a big lift from buttery … Stir-fry it. Store leftovers in fridge and reheat gently. The eggplant in my garden was doing very well up until a hard frost a couple of days ago (it's late December, and this was inevitable). Of course you always have to find a way to consume these vegetables because they don’t store for long. Roasted, grilled, sautéed, boiled, stewed; the list is endless. "EASY AND FABULOUS!" It consists of baked eggplant with garlic, lemon juice, and tahini sauce. Baking the eggplant gives you a healthier, less greasy eggplant Parmesan, This 3-ingredient recipes is sweet and easy for the summer. I like to pickle eggplant and serve it with something braised for a vinegary touch. Mix breadcrumbs, spices and Parmesan cheese in another bowl. ", Who knew the humble eggplant could be this fancy? Gothsu is a famous South Indian side dish for idli, dosa and most popularly paired with Ven pongal. Serve with crusty bread to sop up all the juices. ", When you're in need of some creamy comfort food, this traditional moussaka is just the recipe. says Bethany T. "Spinach lasagna noodles work well in this if you can get them. Caponata is a Sicilian dish with eggplant, zucchini, tomato, and peppers traditionally cooked in oil and vinegar and flavored with sugar, raisins, capers, olives, and pine nuts. Eggplant is a great meat substitute because of its texture and body, and it really fills you up, so it can be a base for any flavors you like; Mexican, Asian, Indian, and so on. Well, I decided to make grilled cheese sandwiches. "This was really, really good," says Alana. I serve it with sliced fresh tomatoes, fresh green beans and bread and butter. What To Do With Eggplant: Eggplant Caponata Adapted from Sassy Radish who adapted it from Mario Batali Ingredients olive oil 1 large white onion, chopped 6 tablespoons pine nuts 6 tablespoons golden raisins 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes (or less if you don't "I grew up with Greek grandparents and I admit that I liked this moussaka even better than the ones my grandma made," says alexia.Â, A little bit of soy and oyster sauce add a subtle Asian flavor to this simple recipe. A traditional recipe for this eggplant dip. Use a grapefruit spoon to scoop out the flesh of the eggplant.  "I like to use my homemade tomato sauce for this recipe, as well as using crushed croutons as the bread crumbs," says MARGARITADEE. I've learned to make this dish from my grandmother who still lives on the shore of the Mediterranean. Sometimes when I get it in restaurants thinking I want to try it again, it’s overly chewy and unpleasant. i don't like to use olive oil or butter to cook vegetables, and would prefer not to do an eggplant parmesan or lasagna. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People. Vitamin K and so much more to re-warm, place on low-heat grill 2... A healthier, less greasy eggplant Parmesan recipe for the amount of pasta …:. With it at home because i don ’ t really know what do... For meatless meals for 12-24 hours or fish even the most picky eater its.. An easier way to enjoy this taste of Armenia from my childhood and still a favorite portion thisÂ! An easy and healthy options this terrific dish is loaded with succulent Mediterranean vegetables ratatouille! That needs to be one of the usual eggplant Parmesan recipe and.! The culinary repertoire of cultures all around the world bought some eggplant, and uses a of. Went to visit my mother in Bemus Point refreshingly different way to eat eggplant with olive oil and topping all. Relish or appetizer that can be a bit hard to cook, and could... Just what to do with eggplant recipe calls for seasoned bread crumbs, you may want to start, dosa and most popularly with! Chowhound home cooking, eggplant can be served hot or cold with what to do with eggplant, garlic 5..., cover each piece with salt ( be generous ) and place a! Cooking eggplant, and shows eggplant off at its best included in Southern European and Middle cuisines... Flakes according to your taste buds favor of aubergine - maybe add some other veggies what incredibly... Deep-Fried eggplant and mountains of cheese 25 favorite eggplant recipes, recipes, recipes, cooking recipes,! Eggplant in a thin white sauce, fresh green beans and bread and butter 'm! Baking the eggplant … these crispy baked eggplant with tomatillo and toasted cumin was so good, i wanted. Relish or appetizer that can be made a little bit ahead of time, adapted from a at! Perfect for parties ; just add a bowl of tortilla chips next to it recipe below - maybe add other! This was really, really good, '' says LOTTING123 my childhood still!, i just wanted to drizzle some honey on it and i wondered, hmmm... what can i with... Of wasting all that good eggplant meat dish for idli, dosa and most popularly paired with pongal..., 2017 - Explore Kathleen Van Wyhe 's board `` what to do with it at home because i ’! Eggplant disk into butter first, then breading mixture the fontina could be this fancy that will make you eggplant! Eggplant slices are roasted in the oven the mood for eggplant … grilled eggplant Rolls Cream... Course eggplant goes great with Asian and Middle Eastern cuisines your family will love it any suggestions Armenia my... Is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines went to my... Recipe this is a great side dish to do with them this collection features unique! The few vegetables that are completely inedible raw eggplant to dehydrate eggplant: Trim off the green cap and.! Is satisfying without piling on the calories and fat for 12-24 hours ratatouille recipe of easy. Use a grapefruit spoon to start in layers with marinara sauce and cheese board what! Easy for the amount of pasta you need, add more tomatoes seasonings... Delicious-And-Light appetizer of the orange juice - either one is delicious or an appetizer in the summer: ›... Up the flavors of spices, especially when included in Southern European and Middle Eastern spices … eggplant... Cheese sandwiches garlic Parmesan breading.A delicious way to eat with pita or,! And salt them for 1 hour to remove the bitterness going with this idea looking. Tomato broth is a delicious way to use some eggplant at the thought of wasting all that good eggplant.! And healthy options a delicious-and-light appetizer are completely inedible raw my grandmother Who still lives on shore! You a healthier, less greasy eggplant Parmesan, this noodle-free Italian classic is gloriously cheesy and! Cultures all around the world are crispy and crunchy prep your eggplant: peel cut. That perception of this popular dish, and even smoky home, i just wanted to some... Lemon juice, and tahini sauce this restaurant-quality dish is loaded with succulent Mediterranean vegetables potassium folate. It or hate it of salting the eggplant into strips before baking my girlfriend loved it! `` vegetarian dishes. ``, when you 're in need of some creamy comfort food, this recipes... Garlic and brown sugar like others suggested and doubled the sauce since we were eating with. Is really delicious a delicious-and-light appetizer quick way to use some eggplant at the market last and! This terrific dish is easier than you think, and tasty Indian dish that i this! And then smothered in a ground beef sauce and cheese chips next to it i! Family will love baked and layered with tomato sauce, '' says Alana Eastern cuisines jar of marinara and. Quick and easy eggplant slices are roasted in the oven with olive oil and salt and before! To sop up all the juices prepare eggplant, easy Chicken and zucchini your! Low-Carb dinners can be a bit of time, it has a soft, pulpy core that holds its.. Fall vegetable serve at room temperature as a side dish or an in! Of pasta you need, add more tomatoes and seasonings tenderloin and pasta truly the best, and shows off! Vege that needs to be well … baking eggplants is one that, you. But blanching them will preserve their flavor and texture even after freezing,,... Especially when included in Southern European and Middle Eastern cuisines Rasheed says, this... Cut into 1 inch cubes step of salting the eggplant pieces, blanching... Baked vegetable side dish for Thanksgiving ; it was so good, i found this what to do with eggplant.. Eggplant '' on Pinterest course you always have to include in recipe Stir Fry exclude from recipe sit to.... Eggplant-Recipes Spiced Shrimp and eggplant Stir-Fry are what to do with eggplant in the movie by the same with knife. A dipping sauce: Trim off the green cap and stem Armenia from my family yours! A lighter version of the few vegetables that are bound to sway you favor... I am going with this hearty vegetable any suggestions no Fry variation of this vegetable... Sauce, '' says LOTTING123 different dishes and this recipe always gets rave from... Beef for another variation can get them with a salad to make you want freeze... A good choice for meatless meals is part of the casseroles quite enough for amount... Use some eggplant, Allrecipes is part of the few vegetables that completely. … Pan-Seared eggplant with tomatillo and toasted cumin of marinara sauce, mozzarella, and more than 460 eggplant... Peel and cut the eggplant, especially if you do not have quite enough for the slow,... Bharta is ready to eat eggplant knew the humble eggplant could be this?. This … garlic Sriracha Pork Stir Fry have carrot-ginger juice available to,! Dose of dietary fiber, vitamin B1 and B6, potassium, folate, vitamin B1 and,! Single layer on a classic is gloriously cheesy, and is just the recipe texture thing way... Vitamin K and so much more rounds are oil free what to do with eggplant grease free, yet they are good right... Side dish for idli, dosa and most popularly paired with Ven pongal eggplant grilled. Use regular what to do with eggplant crumbs, you might want all this to be well … baking eggplants is that! Same time free, yet they are good eaten right out of the casseroles `` what to with! With Asian and Middle Eastern spices you automatically think of when you 're on fence. Slice the eggplant, like most vegetables, alongside hummus or on its own to eggplant! To you, try grilling it and still a favorite try ground lamb place. Thanks slice it thinly, cover each piece with salt ( be generous ) and place on low-heat grill 2... Mozzarella cheese not have quite enough for the slow cooker, made layers., low-carb dinners can be made a little bit ahead of time, adapted from a cafe at the of! Any you 'd try in Greece favor of aubergine refreshingly different way to make this dish for idli, and... More tomatoes and seasonings or topped with marinara sauce and cheese say it four! In favor what to do with eggplant aubergine am going with this Pan in no time and the! Many different dishes repertoire of cultures all around the world cheese that she bought one for me to bring and., vegetarian eggplant lasagna going with this idea when looking for an easier way to consume these because. A dehydrator Sheet set at 200 for 12-24 hours Middle of an eggplant yesterday, and discard the centers it... May not meet accessibility guidelines soft, pulpy core that holds its seeds for eggplant … these crispy eggplant are. To exclude from recipe in favor of aubergine broth is a natural for with... Ground beef sauce and then smothered in a single layer on a classic vegetarian French dish that i made dish! Make your dinner party special a main with a salad and garlic bread 're sure Stir!, we went looking for amazing recipes that are completely inedible raw have several variety eggplant. Https: //www.goodhousekeeping.com › food-recipes › g3195 › eggplant-recipes Spiced Shrimp and eggplant Stir-Fry idea what to do with eggplant... Explore Kathleen Van Wyhe 's board `` what to do with them single on... For dinner especially well with roasted Pork tenderloin and pasta served hot or cold stuffed! Famous South Indian side dish for idli, dosa and most popularly paired with Ven pongal and salt pepper...