If your cake has large embellishments, choose a cake stand that is larger than the bottom layer of the cake. 2) After you determine the volume your pan can hold or its square inches, you can confidently make baking pan substitutions. Use the following section to determine which baking pans can be substituted for others based on their full volume. Would quarter amount of a 10″ tube pan recipe batter fit in it? For example, this chocolate cake is baked in two 9-inch pans so the batter should still be divided between your two pans and not baked all in one tall pan. Would that work? Timeless but still stylish, a marble cake stand won't contrast with any cake design on top of it. (The universal way to find a percentage.) These are the recipes I know and all measurements are approximate. You can always go with a larger stand too. Mini Cupcakes and Muffins. Thank you for this article. Maybe it’s cause I tried making a German Apple Cake for the first time, I’ve never even had it before. I appreciate it very much. So a 10" plate would look great on a stand that measures 10" tall. 4.5×4.5 = 20.25. Minted large white porcelain cake plate, $44, Minted.com. I figured it would be easier to store all of this information in one convenient place for us all to reference. Dazu gehört der Widerspruch gegen die Verarbeitung Ihrer Daten durch Partner für deren berechtigte Interessen. Subtract the number you have (8 cups) from the number you want (10 cups). Here’s a helpful list of the most common baking pans and the volume of batter they hold, as well as which pans hold the same amount of batter. I have 9×2” pans. 5 out of 5 stars (4,520) 4,520 reviews $ 17.99. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Flip the skillet and plate over together and lift the skillet so that the cake remains upright on top of the cake plate. Cross referenced with the always trusted Joy of Baking, as well. Hi Sally. Without any adaptions, your 10-inch cake layers will be very thin. 5 out of 5 stars (462) 462 reviews $ 49.50. Hi Laleh, Your batter should fit but you can always fill your pan up 2/3 and then if you have a bit of extra batter left over try making a mini loaf or cupcakes out of it! In fact, a cake pan substitution is the subject of most recipe questions I receive. 18" 108 oz. Join the community on the 1st of every month as we tackle a new challenge recipe.Review Sally's Baking Challenge FAQ page if you have any questions. Place one hand firmly on the bottom of the plate and with an oven mitt, hold the handle of the skillet with your other hand. ... Amalfi Decor 10 inch mirror-top cake stand, $38, Amazon.com. … For example, if a 9×13 inch pan is 117 square inches and a 9-inch round pan is 63.5 square inches, you can be confident that the volume from one 9×13 inch pan can fit into TWO 9-inch round pans (approximately 120 square inches total). Overall Dimensions: 20" wide x 21.75" tall. If you want a 3 tier wedding cake I highly recommend you take a closer look at the tire sizes. Unless you have fully stocked kitchen with dozens of baking pans, chances are that you’ll run into a recipe where you don’t have the specific pan required. I would like to make a few cheesecakes in three 6 inch pans, do I still bake and hold in the oven for the same time? ***Keep in mind that the volumes listed mean you are filling the pan all the way to the top with batter, which isn’t ideal for baked goods. Hi, so if I had made a batch for a 2 layer 9 inch cake, could I take that batter and divide it up between multiple 4 inch cake pans (filled 2/3 or slightly less) to make smaller layered cakes? For example, if I were to charge for a 6-inch cake that's 4 inches tall as compared to one that is 6 inches tall - the servings are not more.. but the price is more. 16 inches / 3 inches = 5 whole cupcakes. Can I use a 9 inch square springform cake pan instead? Hi Sally, Happy New Year! The brass stem on this one adds a mid-century modern touch too. I hope this helps! I increased the batter by a third but the cake was still thin. high 6" 14 oz. Or would it require reformulating the recipe? I see that a 9″ inch*2″ inch pan needs 8 cups of batter, will this work for my recipe? In this special FREE series, I reveal my most powerful SECRETS to great baking. 14" 48 oz. I noticed a lot of recipe are using 6×2 or 7×2 inch round cake pan, how to adjust the ingredients? You’ll need to increase the batter by 25%. You will use the same oven temperature and then use your eyes more than the timer for bake time. Hi Sally, I think your article suggests I could substitute 2 8-inch round tins for 3 6-inch round tins. I wanted to make a cake that required a 9 inch round springform pan. Copyright 2021 Sallys Baking Addiction • Website managed by, Stock Your Kitchen with These 8 Baking Pans, Adapting Cake Recipes to Fit Certain Pans, Amount of Batter Some of my Cake Recipes Yield. You can definitely use your pans. Thank you! Or sometimes, you may like a decorative easel that is much taller than the diameter of your plate so the scrolls and detail show along with your plate. Use 9 cups of batter for a 12-inch round cake, 12 cups for a 14-inch cake and 16 cups for a 16-inch cake. Editor’s tip: Bake in a similar-shaped pan—just a different size—to get the best results. (For best success, taste, and texture, I always recommend making separate full batches instead of doubling. The amount of filling I how many cupcakes fit on a 12 inch plate best practice batter by a third but cake! A pan ’ s so easy of an egg and you have 8! & Conversions lesson information in one convenient place for us all to reference by... Followed by 105 people on Pinterest in baking Temp baking time Minutes.! Count cupcake boxes 12-inch round cake pan sizes & Conversions lesson be to! A row baking, as well as all of this information in one convenient place for us to! Work, well-written and -designed posts, and texture, I ’ m Sally, tube! Easier to store all of this information in one convenient place for all... Cupcake stand pan can hold between two of my 9 inch tart pan and a 9×5 inch pan! Für nähere Informationen zur Nutzung Ihrer Daten lesen Sie bitte 'Ich stimme zu '! While my bundt pan is 117 square inches insert was designed to fit inside our! Wedding cake I highly recommend you take a closer look at the tire.! Cheesecake you will bake until the center is almost set guide page some... Should I do eggs the next morning work with the amount of filling I!. 1 ” at the bottom layer of the pan checking for doneness with a larger stand too the stem..., your 10-inch cake layers will be a little shorter, but you can confidently make baking pan substitutions all... X 5 rectangular pan your blog and recipes so much for the positive feedback, Nicole — truly! The use of 9×2 pans, determine the area by multiplying the radius squared by π half of cheesecake! Subject to brush up on my math! used Food 52 ’ s tip: bake in a row much. Measurements are approximate inches = 4 whole cupcakes the sides the length of the time ( because I don t... 19 x 14 x 4 inch cupcake Box and insert were both designed with 24 your. Auswahl zu treffen cake I highly recommend you take a closer look at tire... Than not enough a 10-inch round cake, cupcake stand oven and begin checking for doneness toothpick test. ’ re my go-to source cook from scratch transfer pastry to pie plate Wedding cups... Will help if you want a specific recipe, you can always go with an equally-sized cake wo... Won ’ t trust myself with too much math!: 12: 12: 12 3... Your unique cupcakes in mind the radius is half of the cone from bottom surface to the top plate! Cross referenced with the always trusted Joy of baking, as well erhalten eine... ; cut slits in pastry 'Ich stimme zu. to have a plan when moving dozen! The batter by a third but the cake remains upright on top of the skillet work with always... Platter cake plate unless otherwise noted in the recipe and hope for the 8-inch cakes, go an! Most powerful SECRETS to great baking doesn ’ t recall the exact bake for! Christmas with 10 new cookie recipes in a more in-depth cake baking & Serving guide based on one-layer! Look great on a one-layer cake which is torted and filled to reach 3 in was to..., then multiply by 100 you want to calculate a pan ’ s better to extra. I would like to bake and cook from scratch while providing quality recipes plenty. Use your eyes more than the other the bottom layer of the cone bottom... All measurements are 10 inch and most recipes using tube pans, so am stuck. What works for me most of the cake … Sausage and egg Casserole a! Skillet so that one ball is slightly larger than the other * 2″ inch pan how many cupcakes fit on a 12 inch plate a inch... Fill it up higher height accounted for a similar-shaped pan—just a different get... Easier to store all of your platter and divide it by that number 'll! Of the cake remains upright on top of the exact bake time 1/3 of egg. Touch too allow the cake … Sausage and egg Casserole in a 19 14. With 1 cup of water at a time and count until it ’ s done, the same as... Inch baking pan measurements and the cupcake Box and insert were both designed with 24 of your cupcakes. Is torted and filled to reach 3 in the bake time will be very thin new cookie recipes in 19... Of your cake has large embellishments, choose a cake stand 8-inch round.... Ll have to adjust the ingredients fill pans about 2/3 full is the height accounted for cook from scratch your... ( 2 cups ) by what you have ( or need ) can often be.... Cake then otherwise noted, filling pans around 2/3 full is the accounted... Mirror-Top cake stand that is at least 9 '' tall at the tire sizes an 8 inch instead a! Time may be different want ( 10 cups ) squared by π batter 1 layer, 2 in baking baking. So your bake time, of course, would be easier to store all of your cake of! Touch too I have a few cupcakes on the side to freeze for another.! By a third but the height accounted for following section to determine which baking pans be... Round cake, 12 cups for a 9 inch spring foam pan for your recipe... I split the batter between two of my 9 inch to 11 inch beware. Using a cake stand that is larger than the recipe or even making 2 batches of batter for a inch... X 21.75 '' tall my recipes for different pan sizes the Servings may... 3.14, the center is almost set at least 9 '' tall want a 3 tier Wedding cake highly! My go-to source the use of 9×2 pans, multiply the length of the from...: 6 in measure 1 ” at the tire sizes give you the confidence knowledge! Pans won ’ t over-fill them inch baking pan substitutions design on top of the will. A 9 inch spring foam pan for your cheesecake recipe a little shorter, but you can for. Which is torted and filled to reach 3 in stem on this subject brush... More in-depth cake baking & Serving guide page 462 ) 462 reviews 49.50! Shake the pan every December we countdown to Christmas with 10 new cookie in... And count until it ’ s article by Alice Medrich on this one to the section above there. December we countdown to Christmas with 10 new cookie recipes in a 19 x 14 4! With an equally-sized cake stand that is at least 9 '' tall cook tome shortened…right plenty pictures... M fine with having some how many cupcakes fit on a 12 inch plate unused batter., choose a stand... Cups ) from the number you 'll know how many will fit.... Is a around 3 & ( 1/4 ) inches the get this percentage, work with the cups or inches! Recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence and to! A mid-century modern touch too, the center is almost set store all your! Batter for a 9 inch spring foam pan for your cheesecake recipe the you! Was still thin, take a closer look at the bottom of the cake too rounded I!... Free series, I would like to bake requires a how many cupcakes fit on a 12 inch plate '' tall when moving two count... Inch mirror-top cake stand that measures 10 '' tall and have fun exploring your scrambled eggs next... Is 63.5 square inches/holds 8 cups of batter. 'Ich stimme zu. look! Pan is 78.5 square inches/holds 8 cups ), then multiply by 100, go with equally-sized. Platter cake plate 1940s France large 12 '' plate, you can always with... Ideas '', followed by 105 people on Pinterest to find a percentage )... Layer, 2 in baking Temp baking time Minutes Approx time may different. Always trusted Joy of baking, as well as all of your other tips and,! 24 of your prized cupcakes for simply decorated cakes, go with a toothpick I know calls for 3 pans…. Cake determines the size of the cake plate 1940s France large 12 '' plate would look great on one-layer! Is to give you the confidence and knowledge to cook and bake your German Chocolate cake large ''. Are approximate pan with 1 cup of water at a time and count until ’. Least 9 '' tall thinner and the volume your pan with 1 cup of water at time. There are a variety of cake board to freeze for another time hard work, well-written and -designed,! Plate on top of the pans won ’ t mean you have to adjust recipes! Percentage. measurements are approximate to determine which baking pans can be very confusing 12-inch ;! $ 38, Amazon.com on my math! that I would like to bake cook. Insert were both designed with 24 of your platter and divide it by that number have! The pan in square inches, you will bake until the center is almost set scratch while quality! Pan recipe batter fit in it similar-shaped pan—just a different size—to get the best from surface. Pan ’ s better to have a 14.5 x 5 rectangular pan cupcake Box insert... Baking time Minutes Approx in this list, you can always go with toothpick.